Monday, September 04, 2006

Relative coldness

I am cold.
I am blue and black and nothing in between.
I am arguably nothing at all.
I am my single greatest fan, and my biggest enemy
But never when it counts.

I am everything you hate
And I can deal with that.
I am your ripped up pictures in
Broken picture frames.
I am your favourite coffee-stained shirt.
I am that present you only pretend to like.
So I could easily be someone
That you could easily
Pretend to love.

I am just shy of ridiculous.
I'm really not very shy of anything else
At all.
Because I like attention.
But not from you.

I am broken glass on your heels.
I will be the rain on your wedding day.
I have been the dead ends
That keep you from moving on.
I am the girl that you ignore
In the bleachers,
Because I don't try too hard
To blend in.

I will be the girl that you wish
You'd spoken with back in highschool
When life was good
When everything was relative.

No comments: